If you are visiting from another country then yes, you will need a valid passport to come to Canada.
Most travelers need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
Applying for an eTA is a simple online process that takes just a few minutes to complete.
For most countries, obtaining special visas is not necessary. Canadian Immigration issues six month visitor visas when you arrive. To check about your country please check here.
If you need to apply for a visitor visa to visit Canada, we can send you a Core Camp Letter of Acceptance to help you with your visa application.